[SBE] About WBZ

Henry's dogs and cats a9xw at cs.com
Sun Aug 7 18:27:40 EDT 2011

NBC NYC originally used a horizontal wire antenna, insulators were
still on the [then] RCA building at 30 Rock when I workled there. So if
nothing else, it would have the directionality of a dipole. Ships at
sea in the 20's relied on distant MW stations for DF navigatrion and
weather informatrion, so I would guess, the famous sign on "good
evening ladies and gentlemen and all the ships at sea" was true, all
the ships at sea that could receive the signals.

Henry Ruhwiedel