[SBE] tape eraser/cleaners

Dan Slentz dan_slentz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 16:10:03 EDT 2011

David,
I think most of us would suggest get away from the "money pit" called tapes.  You can go with some very inexpensive digital stuff like AJA or BlackMagic, and if you really want to drop the cost, look at MVIX consumer stuff.  I've used their gear to back-up critical recordings and even tied into an HD system so I would have a compressed "web ready" copy of the even (sports) as soon as the event was over.
Putting new heads on one or two machines, regular service, this tape cleaning unit, etc. will all quickly add up than going with inexpensive digital in the course of a year or two.  Even "bean counters" get this thinking.
Good luck,
Dan