[SBE] black detector

Mulliner, Rich MullinerR at WLNYTV.com
Thu Sep 1 15:12:11 EDT 2011

The quickest way is to use the closure of a video motion detector, in
this case you use the closure to detect lack of motion, and active video
will have motion. There are very inexpensive security device used to
start recorders that would serve this purpose without spending a lot on
money.

Richard

________________________________

From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of
Chris Hoopes
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:00 PM
To: sbe at sbe.org
Subject: [SBE] black detector

Does anyone know of a device that can detect black in the video chain?
I have seen the devices that would detect signal loss, usually loss of
sync. What I am looking for is a device that would provide a contact
closure after say 90 sec. of black. What do you guys who have unattended
periods of operation do to alert extended periods of black? SDI or
analog will work for me.