[SBE] HP Printers vs Canon

Dennis C. Brown d.c.brown at att.net
Mon Sep 26 19:47:20 EDT 2011

I bought a new laptop this summer which came with Windows 7 Home
Premium. It's well named because I pay a premium of time and patience
to use it. I'm not having a technical problem sharing; I'm able to do
it after some research and experimentation, but Microsoft made it
mysterious and tedious when it comes to sharing a USB expansion drive.
Some of my machines are XP ordinary and some are XP Pro. My real
complaint is Windows 7 Windows Explorer which can take a very long time
to prepare and display thumbnails. I stare at the "green bar of death"
for minutes while XP requires only seconds to accomplish the same task
without the stage dressing. Too, Windows Explorer sometimes takes a
long time to copy or move files.