[SBE] Looking for an audio switcher - I think...

Curt Yengst cyengst at star991fm.com
Mon Oct 17 13:41:08 EDT 2011

The TV station I help with just bought a new HD video switcher. The problem is that it doesn't do "Audio-follow-video," so when recording programs, they'll need either a dedicated audio guy or a video guy who's part octopus.

The video switcher does have a GPI unit that can provide a dry closure for each video input selected.

Is there an audio mixer out there that we could interface with this unit, so that when the operator selects a given video source, the audio mixer automatically - and cleanly - switches to the corresponding audio input?

Any thoughts?