[SBE] aspect ratio converter needed

David Baker DBaker at addison-il.org
Tue Jan 3 16:09:12 EST 2012

Happy New Year!

Does anyone know where I can get an SD to SD aspect ratio converter to take 16:9 analog and make it 4:3 letterboxed? Composite input to composite, component or s-video output.

I have been looking at the BrightEye 94 from Ensemble, which appears to be good quality, but at $1950 it's a little out of my price range considering I may do some upgrading in the coming years, so this is just temporary. The closer I can get to $1000, the better.

I am seriously considering used, and will take a standalone unit or module-in-enclosure type arrangement (Ensemble Avenue 7940), whichever is more cost effective.

Thanks for the help!

Thank you,

David Baker, CBTE, CBNT
Media Production Coordinator