[SBE] The spectrum grab is not new

Gary Stewart gstewart at ctvn.org
Mon Apr 2 10:43:51 EDT 2012

Looks like the gov't has been planning to get rid of broadcasting for a long time. That doesn't mean we have to let them do it.

? Former FCC chief Hundt on board of firm advising FCC on auctions<http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/dAmMCAsMegeqwktQfCtGgIfCABxs?format=standard>
Reed Hundt, the former Federal Communications Commission chief who said regulators "decided in 1994 that the Internet should be the common medium in the United States and broadcast should not be," is involved with a company that will be advising the FCC on upcoming TV spectrum auctions. Hundt is a board member of software firm Auctionomics, one of three companies selected for an advisory role. TVTechnology.com<http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/dAmMCAsMegeqwktQfCtGgIfCABxs?format=standard> (3/28)

And then I saw somewhere in today's news where someone was pointing out that if we are forced to find spectrum to share with another broadcaster we could be competing with their mobile services for that space.

Gary Stewart

Engineering Dept.

Cornerstone TV

412-824-3930