[SBE] Dwindling numbers of engineers

Mark Heller wgbw at lsol.net
Tue Apr 3 15:15:43 EDT 2012

Yes, and I want to specifically encourage you.

I started as a 16-year old Chief Engineer, and this is my 40th year.

I had a choice. Announce. Sales. Engineering. The revolving door for
deejays
was phenomenal. Not so, with good engineers.

Luck has little to do with it, but it seems the harder you work, the
luckier you get!

Some of the folks, who post here, are already beyond retirement. We also
have
owners like that, here in Wisconsin. Your five-year plan, and especially,
your
ten-year plan, will likely be brighter than those approaching retirement.

And, pay is commensurate with abilities, and in many cases
today....location.

I'd encourage you to stay in the business, and enjoy the ride. PS. We've
been
through these 'ups and downs' for decades. We just select which memories
we
want to remember.

Mark Heller
WGBW