[SBE] Video bushing for a rotating stage?

F Berman iamfberman at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:00:46 EDT 2012

Dear Roundtable: A client would like me to place a couple of HD cameras on
top of a rotating stage for a one-time, live production. Instead of
transmitting wirelessly, I'm trying to find a bushing or similar device that
can be placed in the hole at the center of the stage to allow connectivity
of video and perhaps some data /telemetry control.

No, I can't stop the rotation or ask that it simply stop after, say, a
clockwise rotation and then counter-clock, thereby allowing me to simply use
traditional copper with slack.

While I imagine this could be fabricated, I'm looking for something off the
shelf with a bulletproof track record, either to rent or to purchase.

I figure if anyone in the world knows of a solution for this, it would be
this group

Thanks in advance for any consideration

Am available off-list, thanks in advance

Frank Berman, CBTE
iamfberman at hotmail.com