[SBE] A couple of antiques free to a good home --

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Sat Jul 7 13:13:51 EDT 2012

Hello everyone !

Many of us know of old broadcast museums or collectors --

I have two items I rescued from the trash can about 50 years ago as a
station was "upgrading" some of its equipment. Unfortunately I missed a lot
of stuff which to my distress did end up at the dump.

But if you know anyone/any organization that would like either of both of
these items, please let me know - I'd hate to simply throw them away!

A Western Electric 9A Reproducer - you and I would call it a phono cartridge
with integral holder that attaches to the end of a remarkably heavy phono
arm with a thumbscrew.

A Presto ET (electrical transcription) 1B cutter head mounted on its
leadscrew with both the center and the edge pivots. The station kept the
turntable, using it only for playback after the station purchased a handful
of the tape-eating-on-rewind Magnecorder PT-6 tape recorders.

Anyone want these items or have a pet museum or collection to which they
should be sent?

Many, many thanks in advance!

Mike/

Mike Langner, CPBE