[SBE] Webinar detailing chief operator responsibilities on Wednesday

Kimberly Kissel kkissel at sbe.org
Tue Oct 16 14:25:29 EDT 2012

Many chief operators come to this position with limited technical
background; others are proficient with the technical aspects but are
unfamiliar with all the requirements. Tomorrow's Webinar by SBE titled
"Chief Operator Responsibilities - What should I be doing?" outlines the
specific duties required of a chief operator and the FCC requirements behind
them. Topics include the station's chief operator designation,
administrative responsibilities, technical responsibilities, accuracy
responsibilities, communication requirements and authentication
requirements. In addition, sample templates of required documents will be
provided.

Participants will benefit by having the ability to verify substantial
compliance with the FCC Rules and Regulations for the radio and TV stations
they serve as it pertains to the Chief Operator duties, making them better
equipped to serve their facilities. This webinar takes place tomorrow,
Wednesday, from 2-3:30 p.m. Eastern and is only $49 for members of the SBE.
For more information and to register visit our website at
http://www.sbe.org/sections/ChiefOperatorRespons.php.

Kimberly Kissel

Education Director

Society of Broadcast Engineers, Inc.

9102 North Meridian Street, Suite 150 * Indianapolis, IN 46260

Phone: 317-846-9000 * Fax: 317-846-9120

<http://www.sbe.org/> www.sbe.org