[SBE] multiviewer monitors

David Baker DBaker at addison-il.org
Thu Nov 15 14:01:11 EST 2012

Hi all,

Has anyone had difficulty setting up a flat panel monitor to display a multiviewer or any other SDI output correctly, specifically the image being cut off on the edges in 16:9 or 4:3 mode?
I'm outputting a 720 x 486 multiview SDI signal from a Ross Crossover 16 switcher into a Ross SDI to HDMI converter to feed a Samsung display, and much of the image on the sides and bottom is missing.
No amount of scaling or H/V adjustments fix the problem.

Ross maintains that their converters don't do any extra processing of the SDI signal coming in, and suggest the display should be pixel 1:1 or have a "fit" mode to display properly.
Can anyone suggest a display they have had success with, or give any other ideas as to why this cropping is happening?

This monitor also has a TV tuner, and I have heard that sometimes these combination displays cut off parts of the raster to hide the ancillary space in the incoming TV signal.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you,

David Baker, CBTE, CBNT
Media Production Coordinator