[SBE] Continental 816

Jon Frank jon_frank at wgbh.org
Thu Aug 28 08:10:56 EDT 2014

Hi Barry:

It's been many years since I worked on an FM transmitter with a tube IPA.
High Screen current is some times caused by the tube not being properly
loaded or matched.  First thing I would check is the IPA plate tuning and
at tuning and matching in to the PA. This is where I remember seeing
similar problems in the distant past.  Many times the matching is sliding
line type of adjustment that is not externally adjustable. There may be a
damaged component in the PA input matching or tuning circuit.