[SBE] Continental 816

Jimmie Rushing jim.rushing at vtntv.com
Thu Aug 28 09:51:49 EDT 2014

I had an old Harris that used a pair of 4cx250's for the ipa. My best guess is the tube socket is BAD. They have just a piece of Mylar as an insulator. Lightning or an arc can punch a pin hole in them. It won't read with an ohm meter. It takes HV to make it leak.
Thus you actually have low Plate voltage.
I haven't lad hands on a Continental but have been to a seminar on them. Rushing servant