[SBE] Windows 7 networking headache

Jerry Mitchell gmitchell at rmgmwf.com
Mon Dec 8 13:17:05 EST 2014

Another thing that might be worth looking at is the user account logged in
(on the client, i.e. the computer that has trouble getting access.)

In particular, compare that to the network drive maps (do those "net use"
mounts have "/user:user password" specifying a different account?)

The most likely way I can think of for this to cause an issue would be if
the host machine has a user account with the same name (e.g.
"Administrator") but a completely different password for that account than
the client machine has.  Using the exact same name and password on two
different workgroup (non-domain authenticated) machines is a way to get a
limited form of authentication on shares, so I would expect that using
a *different
*password is a way to guarantee failed authentication, even though I can't
say I've ever seen it happen that way for sure.

------------------------------

*Jerry Mitchell*, CBRE, CBNE - Engineering/IT

*o:* (815) 874-7861
*d:* (815) 873-3281
*c:* (815) 209-9541

*Mid-**West Family Broadcasting: Rockford*
*WRTB <http://www.953thebull.com/>**•**WGFB <http://www.b103fm.com/>**•*
*WNTA* <http://www.lamovida1330.com/>*•**W263BJ*
<http://www.themightyfm.com/>*•**WXRX HD1 <http://www.wxrx.com/>*/*2*
<http://www.themightyfm.com/>/
*3 <http://www.lamovida1330.com/>*2830 Sandy Hollow Road
Rockford, IL     61109

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Vic Jester <vjester at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Are these static IP Addresses?  If so, you may want to build a HOSTS file
> and drop it on all of the machines.  If not, you may want to consider
> making them static and then build a Hosts file...
>
> Just my $0.02 ...
>
> Vic
>

> I've got one machine on my studio's network that can't seem to play well
> with others as far as networking is concerned.  We use Audio Vault Flex as
> our automation system, and at first I thought the problem was because I had
> neglected to "Enable NetBios over TCP/IP" on that machine, as is required
> by Flex.
>
> Well, that's enabled, and I still can't get it to behave.

Mid-West Family Broadcasting does not discriminate in the sale of
advertising time, and will accept no advertising which is placed with an
intent to discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity.

--

   - FCC Sponsorship ID Laws
   To learn more about FCC Sponsorship ID Laws please click here