[SBE] Tentel jigs

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sat Jan 17 07:36:57 EST 2015

Hello,

Reposting and amplifying a bit due to the subject line… Hopefully to generate a bit more interest? Sorry ‘bout that.

I have gotten responses for the donateable items. Maybe there are interested parties for purchase of others? I realize that many folks may want one or two pieces, so I started with items that are known, small and particular to engineering needs- like the test jigs. If want a lot then we should converse about it off-list.

I found a lot of Tentel jigs and service tools for Betacam, Umatic, 1” Video gear (remember those?). I was surprised at how much of it I have, some in good condition, some not. Some of these pieces need cleaning as the the foam case material has gotten all over them. Is anyone working on these anymore these days? I see that Tentel Corp. appears to be out of business. Phone is disconnected even though their website (http://tentel.com <http://tentel.com/>) appears to still be active. You may be still able to view the instructional videos for awhile.

Would consider donating the items that need repair and/or cleaning. Also considering whether to sell what remains of my parts inventory. If you have any interest in acquiring a large set of the jigs for Sony decks and can use in the near term, please let me know.

Tentel Items for donation:
TSH—B7 runout meter
check jig
inspection mirror

Tentel Items for sale in good condition:
TQ-1800 (Dial Torque gauge for Umatic)
TQ-300M (Dial Torque set for BetaCam)
MS-45/205 Weight set
TPS-B Calibration Weights
TQ-300M Betacam Torque Guage
T2-HH18CBD Tentelometer
T2-H7D Tentelomteter
TSH Betacam  Reference Plane
TSH-U9 Set for Umatic
TSH-B7 Set for Betacam
Other Tentel items

Other items:
Parts stock, OEM (actually categorized!)
Printed service manuals OEM (some rare and unavailable)
PDF copies of service manuals (some rare and unavailable)
Rework solder stations (solder workstations, extraction sets)
Boards (some in new-ish condition)
Extenders (some rare and unavailable)
Cable
Machine rack mount kits (new in box)
Workbench, 6’x30"
CRT monitor (working last time I checked), Ikegami
Various test equipment (can list)
Audio Patch panels (WE long frame, 2x24, 2RU ADC) can be cleaned off (2)
Desktop AC spike protector switch boxes (typically use for power distribution under a monitor, laptop, desktop CPU) Tripp-Lite and others (4)

OTO, if you need someone skilled in using the above to fix/install your gear, I haven’t given up the idea totally. We should talk. I am considering options but have come to grips with the concept that many of these items are in very low demand in US. Consider whether you want your items repaired here by someone who knows what they’re doing and has these service parts available.

Regards,

Henry

--

Techworks Professional Systems, Inc. Henry M. Seiden, Founder
henry<at>techworkspro<dot>com