[SBE] Studio cameras- do you leave them on?

Jonathan Solomon jon at thesolomonhouse.com
Fri Feb 6 20:49:45 EST 2015

In the old days (college) we left them on. With tubes it made sense since
leaving them on kept the "warm". Since then I've spent a lot of time in
remote production where we are always setting up and breaking down. The
only time I left them on was if we hAd a set day in the bitter cold. We'd
leave them on overnight, but that was more to keep them and the lenses from
fogging up.

I'd say shut them down. At the base station. That way you can fire them up
before the ops show up.

That's my $0.02
Jonathan
CSTE, CBNE