[SBE] OTA digital TV interference

Glenn Little WB4UIV glennmaillist at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 16 13:22:58 EDT 2015

Reflections (multi-path) cause loss of data bits as the bits cancel.
In a diversity system, it would be difficult to
get the two antenna in phase at the receiver as
the phasing is dependant on frequency.
If you used quad shield from the antenna to the
receiver, you will be as immune to EMI on the
feedline as you can get, short of using something like heliax or rigid line.
Once the data bits are interfered with on the
antenna, you will not be able to recover the original data train.
You might want to try pointing the antenna at a
billboard to see if you can get a cleaner signal from there.

My suggestion would be to move the antenna.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV