[SBE] OTA digital TV interference

William T. Hayes wt_hayes at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 16 15:56:17 EDT 2015

Before you give up on the over the air reception, I would suggest that you review the FCC's Over-the-Air Reception Device (OTARD) rule. It can be found at (http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule) and address what antenna placement limitations can be made. I spent a lot of years working in commercial television dealing with satellite home viewer waiver requests in areas where over-the-air reception was available but local rules forbade television antenna installation. In most of the cases I dealt with (including on military installations), the FCC's rule trumped local ordinance which for the most part are unenforceable.