[SBE] RCA Dummy Load

K7CR k7cr at blarg.net
Thu Apr 5 21:29:04 EDT 2018

Dan –

I think I know of the load you are talking about.   I rescued a pair of them from an old RCA FM Parallel Transmitter Config a few years ago.   Put them on casters with a Type-N adaptor etc.

These things are probably made by Bird.    As for frequency – They probably used the same loads for their FM and VHF TV Equipment and, therefore, going to have no issues with HF uses.

Re. Oil – I ordered up some ‘Load Oil’ from Bird – Comes in a 1 gallon can.

Hope helps – If it would help, I can take some pictures of one of them next week when I am at the TX Site.

Regards,

Clay Freinwald, K7CR