[SBE] Email issue

Dan Rapak DanRapak at verizon.net
Mon Jun 14 11:11:44 EDT 2021

Hi Guys,

This list has been a bit quiet of late so I thought I'd dust off some of
the cobwebs. I'm looking for help concerning Mozilla's Thunderbird email
program.

I'm doing a project for our local SBE Chapter 41 and have acquired an
"sbe.org" email forwarding address from Chriss at SBE National. For
those not familiar, this is simply a forwarding service available to any
SBE member, where messages addressed to "yourname at sbe.org" are simply
forwarded to your personal email. My question for the group revolves
around outbound email messages.

I would like outbound messages to appear as though they originated from
"sbe.org" as well (as opposed to originating from my personal email.)
Thunderbird offers the ability to set up "identities" which will
theoretically do what I need, but I'm having difficulty getting it work.
When I set up the SBE identity, Thunderbird tells me the mailbox address
is invalid.

Similarly, if I forget about identities all together and simply poke the
sbe.org address in the "Reply to:" field, Thunderbird also tells me the
mailbox address is invalid. Bottom line: no matter what I do, I can't
structure a message such that the recipient will see and automatically
reply to the sbe.org address.

I'll add a couple of screen grabs to this post. Hopefully they'll make
it through the list-server.

Thunderbird screen for creating a new identity.:

I've tried this both with and without the "Reply to" field filled in.
Same result either way. In both cases, this is the error message I get
when I try to send a message using this identity or using sbe.org in the