[Techtoolslist] The Age Old - "What Eprom Programmer should I get" question

Matt Rossiter matt at verio.net
Sat Oct 29 20:42:35 EDT 2005

I've been happy with my Data I/O 29b programmer for a long time. I
especially like it because it does all the 82S proms that I need.

Lately I've had a number of people asking me to program some of the 27C4000
and 27C010 series eproms. I don't have the pinout cartridge to do those and
I'm not sure if I feel like hunting one down.

Even though I fix games on the side for fun and a little side cash, I'd like
to get a nice eprom programmer (to program the newer, bigger eproms) - but
not pay $Big Bucks$ for one.

I don't want to spend much more than $350 for one so I was thinking of maybe
the Needhams EMP-11 http://www.needhams.com/products-emp11.html or maybe
something that uses USB instead of parallel.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Matt