[Techtoolslist] Considering making FlukeEm open source...

Adam Courchesne ajcrm125 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:02:29 EST 2005

Thet's the end goal... to have a USB-to-POD adapter that the FlukeEm can
drive. That way all you need is the adapter, a pod, and your laptop and you
can start making house calls. :-)

I have not worked on the PIA (Peripheral Interface Adapter) portion yet. My
goal was to get the ability to read in spripts done first so I can make some
debug scripts to debug my PIA interface.

-Adam

On 11/15/05, John Robertson <jrr at flippers.com> wrote:

> Will I need a touch screen (ducking)...

> Looks nice, will the software also allow using the probe with some sort of

> interface? That is the other useful function of the 9010A.

> John :-#)#

> At 3:34 PM -0500 11/15/05, Adam Courchesne wrote:

> With the new house and soooo many other projects floating around in my

> head I've been playing with the idea of making the FlukeEm Fluke 9010A

> emulator open source... or at least take on some others to help with the

> coding. Pehaps the latter....

> If so I'd like to lay out my planned direction for the tool (I think I did

> this in the past and got tons of praise.. leading me to believe I was going

> in the right direction) The whole shebang in written in Object Oriented C++

> with some OpenGL for the imaging.

> Anyways, here's how it looks to date:

> http://www.onecircuit.com/images/flukeem20.jpg

> I belive I was in the process of getting the emulated RS232 interface to

> work, so that files that were compiled by rksic? (I forget) could be read

> right in. The capability may be there.. I have to check.

> Comments/Thoughts?

> -Adam

> http://www.onecircuit.com

-Adam