[Techtoolslist] Any Taito Bench Tester documentation available?

Martin White martin at guddler.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 18:51:13 EST 2005

Well, that didn't take as long as I thought it would :)

It's definitely called a "Taito Multi Checker" rather than the widely
accepted name of "Taito Bench Tester".

The manual could really do with re-scanning but what I've just
uploaded will have to do for now since it's the best I have and don't
have a lot of time to re-scan it at the moment.

As a complete aside, I got the documentation from a guy that used to
work for Taito of Australia - i think (i could be confusing it with
the manual for the Taito Test Tech - one came from eBay, the other
this chap). The guy's next door neighbour (allegedly) wrote Kram
(named after him since he was called Mark and couldn't think of
anything else!). I got into an email exchange with him over these two
bits of kit (the Taito Test Tech is Taito's answer to the cat box).
I've not been in touch with him for a long time now though
unfortunately. I have no reason to dispute what he was telling me
since he came up with the goods. His neighbour had remembered using
the multi checker but only knew of the test tech.

Anyway, a scan of a poorly photocopied manual is better than no
manual at all, right?

It has generalised instructions and a full wiring diagram.
Unfortunately, not schematics but I don't seem to remember there
being that much on the boards inside.

Hope it helps!

Oh, manual needs to be approved and moved somewhere before it will be
available for download.

Martin.