[Techtoolslist] Old test equipment kits...Alpha's IC tester.

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Nov 30 13:41:39 EST 2005

I just received an interesting piece of late 80's technology. An
in-circuit Digital IC tester (kit). Made by Alpha it is a Z80 based
tester that clips over the IC in question and lets you know if it is
working correctly. I suspect it is not unlike the Bug-Trap (HP) Logic
Comparator. You need to key in the logic table for each IC that you
wish to test (up to 24 pin), and it stores these in non-volatile RAM.

Seems to work and I shall post the manual, Eprom, and stored RAM
(Dallas) eventually to TTL's FTP.

Originally published in Radio-Electronics in November and December
1987 as a kit or you could buy it assembled for $399US.