[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100A system

James Bright james at quarterarcade.com
Wed Dec 21 08:26:28 EST 2005

Lots of questions :-)

You should spend some time reading the 9100A manual. Debugging methodology between the 9100A and the 9010A are like day and night (provided you also locate an I/O module). The ramp up time on the 9100A is much longer, but once you have a board fully provided, debugging can be a lot easier. 9100A and 9100AF have to do with speed mostly, with the AF being more desireable. Don't worry about the 9105. You don't really want that as it's the dual floppy version. You'll need to make sure that your 9100A has a video card so that you can design your UUT tests.

Let's put it this way: if you're not really using the scripting capabilities of a 9010A, then you're most likely not going to be using the 9100A to its fullest capabilities. There is a lot more script development required to use the 9100A like it's meant to be used.

I still have the very large avi online here:
http://tech.quarterarcade.com/Fluke9100/Fluke9100.avi

Be aware, it's like 74 megs.

JB