[Techtoolslist] FIDE Include files

Martin White martin at guddler.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 21:30:09 EDT 2006

Hi James,

I¹ll double check in the morning as I¹ve just shut it down for the night
now, but I THINK that the text I listed is literally the extent of the
message. About the only downside I have with running it in the virtual
machine is I can¹t cut and paste the code. Well, I guess I can use my
webmail :o)

You¹re right there¹s plenty to go on there though so I¹ll have a little look
under the hood at the temp dirs and also check out the sample code.

I¹ll let you know!

Oh, I¹m not actually running with the 9010 on the iMac ­ it¹s just more
convenient to work on scripts from the comfort of the living room and then
take them out to the workbench when they¹re more or less ready to be put to
work. Mind you, I am running the 9010 via a USB to serial adapter so I
imagine I could use an iMac, but the expense of having a second iMac on the
workbench would be extravagance beyond belief!!

Cheers
Martin.

On 17/8/06 02:16, "James Bright" <james at quarterarcade.com> wrote:

> Works on my machine :-) (Actually I use it a lot because I have a lot of

> libraries for specific chip tests.)

> Couple of things....

> FIDE uses the *original* compiler. It does this by (behind the scenes) taking

> the input text file (script) and passing that to the compiler by dynamically

> creating a batch file. Look in the folder called "Internal" and you'll see a

> lot of these working files. At least that is where I think I put them. It's

> been a good two years since I cracked open that code. At any rate, what it

> does is literally insert the contents of the file where that include statement

> is and then calls the compiler. Do the samples work for you? I think the

> centipede sample has an include statement in it. Also, what exactly does it

> say in the Messages window? You can look in that Internal directory to see if

> there is a temporary file to give you a clue as well.

> Since it was never tested on iMac so that's a try at your own risk ;-)

> I was going to attach the code that handles this... but there is a lot and it

> probably wouldn't mean a whole lot unless you saw it all in context. I seem to

> recall having to do dumb things with long file names because the original

> compiler couldn't handle it. But I got it to work on the standard winxp

> platform just fine...

> Hope that gives you something to at least look at.

> JB

> --James Bright

> www.QuarterArcade.com

> Restored Arcade Games for your Home

>>> v4.1.9

>>> The following simply doesn¹t want to work, I just get the compile error

>>> ³Cannot open file mwz80.9lc²

>>> Setup

>>> exercise errors YES

>>> include ³z80.pod²

>>> include ³mwz80.plc²

>>> I¹ve also tried ³~/mwz80.plc² and also the entire path.

>>> The file ³mwz80.plc² DOES exist and it exists in the same path as the main

>>> script that I¹m calling it from.

>>> Any ideas? Not trying to do anything fancy, just including stuff like ³trap

>>> bad power supply NO² that I do virtually all the time on all scripts. Etc.

>>> Cheers,

>>> Martin.

--
Guddler's Domain