[Techtoolslist] Archiving 1702 eproms.

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Sep 26 00:33:46 EDT 2006

Anyone know of an Eprom reader/burner for the ancient 1702 EPROMs? I
have a couple of early pinball games that I would really like to
archive the data and have nothing to read these suckers with. My Data
I/O 29B doesn't go back that far. Reading the archive on Jeb
Margola's web site didn't help as it only talks about programming the
suckers, not the settings to read them. Used -47VDC in the
programming!

These are very rare games, Recel Mr. Evil, Crazy Race, and Interflip
Alasaka - the games are running on the Rockwell PPS4/8 system very
similar to Gottlieb's System 1. They called it System III for some
reason. no idea what System I or II were...

I do not want to send the EPROMS out to get read, would rather borrow
the reader, archive them, then return the reader.

www.flippers.com