[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9010a Troubleshooting w/ Omega Race

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Mon Jan 22 21:51:45 EST 2007

At 12:36 AM -0800 1/22/07, Matt Rossiter wrote:

>This might be more of a Vectorlist question, but I thought I might try

>here.

>Right now I'm using a 100% working Omega Race boardset to make sure I have

>the correct setup using the Fluke 9010a and Z80 Pod.

>First of all, the boardset just won't run with the Z80 Pod. I can see

>that the Reset line is pulsing. It won't run if I disable the watchdog

>circuit either. *sometimes* I can get it to do a Quick Ram Test

>successfully. Other times I get data error messages and if I do a bus

>test it will report a bunch of data lines tied together. Of course, if I

>put a normal z80 processor back in the game works perfectly fine.

>So, I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows how to properly setup an

>Omega Race boardset for troubleshooting with the Fluke 9010a and Z80 pod.

>This Pod should be working fine since I used it recently on a Pac-Man.

>thanks

>Matt

This board requires a Z80A CPU, perhaps your Z80 pod CPU is too slow?
Try installing a Z80A in the pod (I run a Z80B)...

I do know that with pin 8 of RP4 cut and the board side tied high,
that I can run the RAM, ROM and I/O tests successfully on an OR that
is STILL on my bench. Flacky problems were caused by a bad ground
connection to a buffer.

www.flippers.com