[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100 stuff wanted

martin at guddler.co.uk martin at guddler.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 09:27:17 EST 2008

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll be checking out the scsi adapter route when the 9100 get's here I
think. that looks quite interesting.

From what I can see of the keyboard interface project, it was all
going quite well but was put on hold on 24th June 2003 because of
deadlines on some other projects. David Shoemaker was running with it
at that time. Then a baby appears to have come along early in 2004 :o)

It looks like the adapters were essentially completed with a couple of
limitations that I'm sure people could live with (no keyboard repeat,
no lights) but never actually produced apart from a couple of test
versions that went to Kev (mowerman I presume) and James?

Anyway, from my reading up, as far as I can tell there's going to be
absolutely nothing I can do with this unit in terms of programming and
automating tasks apart from immediate mode operations without the
keyboard and video card as even terminal emulation to send files to
and from it requires initialising from within edit mode, then some
file operations and conversions afterwards? Someone correct me if this
is wrong?

Very frustrating but I guess I'll just have to be patient and stick
with it. I'm assuming I may have to even buy another entire base unit
with a video card in it by the time I'm done but I've already been
looking for one for about a year now so I don't hold out much hope for
that happening too soon either!

This thing looks like an entire new hobby all of it's own - looking
forward to it :o)

Martin.