[Techtoolslist] Example code for Calculating CRC32 on the Fluke 9100

martin at guddler.co.uk martin at guddler.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 18:50:43 EST 2008

I know this is going back a bit, but cheers for this Andy / Chris!

I finally got round to rigging my test setup back up tonight to
explore the 9100 a bit. Of course the first thing I do is go to check
out some ROMs on a board and find nothing checks out. Then I remember
your comments about the 9100 and 9010 sigs not being compatible (what
a pain is that!!??) and I came back here.

It's taken me a long while to fill in the missing bits of the program
since I hadn't yet got as far as the TL1 manual but I've got it
working now and see this as a good way to verify known ROMs against
mame. Once I know they're good against mame then I can learn the sigs
on the 9100's native checks and store them for later use.

Good stuff - thanks.

Martin.