[Techtoolslist] Data I/O and Windows XP

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Thu Jul 24 15:25:38 EDT 2008

Mike Coates wrote:

> I've used promlink on XP without problem (but then I patched it!)

> If you have no flow control, you are losing data during the transfer -

> simple commands are only a single byte, but file transfer either way

> is going to send large amounts of info.

> you also say you are using com1, but the error indicates that it's

> trying to use com2 initially - I've attached my config file, def. com1

> - but with flow control enabled - has worked for me using a cable made

> to the specs on the leopardcats web page.

Hi Mike (and everyone else),

I disabled attachments on TTL - was concerned about spam a while ago -
so you can either send the file directly to Matt or send it to TTL FTP
Incoming and I'll move it to the Data I/O directory.

Zip it up and call it Promlink-XP-SampleConfig.zip or something obvious...

Guess I can allow small attachments, say up to 100K if folks are OK with
that.

John :-#)#