[Techtoolslist] Atari 6502A NOP adapter

teeray teeray at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 24 21:22:23 EST 2009

OK Guys,

A 6502 NOP will not produce sig's that match Atari doc's.
Reason is the 6502 takes two clock cycles to do a NOP instruction.
The Cat Box takes one clock cycle.
So you get double readings of each address. All you need to do is make
an NOP using a couple of counter IC's to cycle through the address range
on each clock cycle. Or divide the clock by 2 and use this as your clock
connection for the Analyzer. You can do this with one D type flip flop IC.

Tim