[Techtoolslist] Atari 6502A NOP adapter

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Sun Jan 25 17:47:33 EST 2009

electronicamuse at aol.com wrote:

> Does anybody sell laid out PCBs for making NOPs?

> I know that it's not tough to make them from scratch, but would nice

> to just have them already started.

> thanks

> Dave

I simply used good CPUs (6800, Z80, etc.) and bent the Data and Reset
pins up over the top of the IC. Then I hooked the Data lines to
correspond to the NOP instruction grounding or Vccing for '0' or '1'.
Z80 you have to lift the Halt pin as well. Tie any essential pins ( for
the CPU to run) to Vcc via 3K6 resistors. Reset can often be faked with
a 10ufd and 10K resistor for the Reset pin.

I was not aware of the 6502 NOP bit but using a 6502 with the Data lines
tied in NOP worked for me!

John :-#)#