[Techtoolslist] 9100 Program writing

martin at guddler.co.uk martin at guddler.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 10:55:38 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Just wandered if anyone had done much (or anything!) in the way of
writing TL/1 programs for the 9100 off line? By that I mean using a PC
and then transferring the programs to the 9100 for compilation etc.

I do remember transferring a file backwards and forwards via the
serial port by way of a test not long after I got the 9100 but I don't
remember all the details. For instance whether this was possible for
programs or whether it was literally just for text files. I also
remember it being a bit clunky. Considerably more clunky than for the
9010.

I appreciate the idea is that you do it all on the 9100. I don't know
what it is about this, the clunky keyboard (yes, my PS/2 keyboard is
pretty nasty), or whether it's the small amount of columns / rows that
fit on the display but I tend to find myself doing the least possible
to just quickly get out of that environment! It would feel so much
better doing this stuff on the PC. Even if it has to be just in notepad.

Any thoughts?

Martin.