[Techtoolslist] Jedi RAM testing

Danny Pearson dannypearson at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:42:18 EST 2009

Hi, I've got a noob question regarding ram testing and using the 9010. I'm
trying to build a script to do some basic testing on Return of the Jedi
using a known working board as a benchmark. So far I'm just concentrating
on the main CPU, not the sound CPU and I've got the ROM test all working,
now I'm moving on to the RAM. The schematics for Jedi list a ram area at
2400-27FF as Scrolling Playfield(high) and this appears to me to only have 4
data bits. If you run the built in RAM test on the Fluke for this area it
fails, and from what I've managed to glean from the reading I've done this
is as it should be as only 4 bits of data area are returned (a nibble?),
whereas I assume the RAM test algorithm uses a whole 8 bits (byte). I've
written the following script to exercise this (and other similar RAM areas).
Can you tell me if I'm on the right lines? So far I've never done anything
other than the built in 9010 tests so forgive me if this is a stupid
question;

REG1 = 2400
1: !LABEL 1
IF REG1 = 2800 GOTO 3