[Techtoolslist] Chip Programmers

Matthew Rossiter matt at rossiters.com
Wed Jun 2 14:39:16 EDT 2010

I second this (the elnec) - I have the Dataman-48PRO+ which is basically
the same thing under a different name.
http://www.dataman.com/WebPages/ProductView.aspx?pid=627
I've sent them quite a few devices to add including the 82S114/5,
PLS153, several different variations of static rams simply for testing,
and others. The support team is great to work with.
I have to throw in a big BUT though. You need an expensive adapter to
do 2708's and TMS2716's and you need an expensive power supply upgrade
for *some* bipolar proms - I haven't had to do that yet.
It's great for going through a pile of TTL and static ram pulls and
weeding out the flakey ones. The programmer can fit nicely in your desk
drawer too. :)

The best bang for your buck would still have to be the Data I/O 29B with
the unipak if you just want to burn your typical video game roms and
bipolar proms.

Matt