[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9010a 68000 Pod Eprom Testing on Outrun- help please !!

Colin Davies colin.w.davies at btopenworld.com
Wed Jun 9 15:42:47 EDT 2010

I'll look into the checksums... there was a tool to generate ' FLUKE' style
checksums , that I used a couple of years ago on and it worked... I assume
QA has ran them through this algorithm..

I'm 99% sure it's the correct rom revision/s (as its printed on the Label/s)
but I could pull and read in.....

Outrun is not protected (Turbo Outrun is with an encrypted cpu) , but there
is a custom chip that sits on the CPU bus's that handles a few things,
However the address and data bus to the rams and roms come straight from the
CPU....... Maybe I've chosen something tricky to start with ?

I'm just hoping that its noob finger trouble and lack of understanding thats
the isssue here, lol !!

Regards, Colin