[Techtoolslist] Fluke Pods to Turned Pin Sockets - Help !!

Colin Davies colin.w.davies at btopenworld.com
Thu Jun 10 15:09:12 EDT 2010

Another quick update....

I've made a BIG chunky adaptor up for the time being.... I will replace the
Socket Strips on the Top (to take the Pod) with a Zif Socket when it arrives
from Ebay Land.... (which is why I've left plenty on tail length on the
Wire Wrap IC socket )

The Pins to the UUT can be easily replaced if and when they fail, as I've
used Header Strips.... You just cut say 4 or 5 out, and replace.... I also
chose to put the FAT ends of the pins into my wire wrap socket, and the thin
pins to the UUT (so they come out first !!!)

Pictures of my effort are here.... Its VERY sturdy and doesn't flex... and
you get get your fat fingers in to remove it easily....

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/70/bigstiffadaptor1tm.JPG

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/70/bigstiffadaptor2tm.JPG

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/70/bigstiffadaptor3tm.JPG

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/70/bigstiffadaptor4tm.JPG

Sorry for poor quality, but they are not bad for my old camera phone... Must
buy a digital camera sometime, lol !!!

Does the Job well for now, and should last me a long while..... Do you guys
like this idea ??

Cheers, Colin