[Techtoolslist] Wico Pattern Generator - modifications

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Thu Aug 19 20:40:40 EDT 2010

Not sure how many here use the old WICO pattern generators but I have
modified mine so it has both +/- Hor & Vert. sync and +/- composite sync
as well as pushed it up to EGA speed with a second crystal.

As a result I can test most of the B&W and colour game monitors with
this - up to VGA.

If you have one of these units and want to kludge it up you are welcome
to use my nasty hand-drawn schematic for a guide.

ftp://ftp.flippers.com/TTL/TestEquipment/WICO/Colour&BW/ (grab the PDF
there).