[Techtoolslist] 9100 ROM Signature Algorithm

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Aug 25 19:49:47 EDT 2010

Martin White wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, but did anyone ever work this one out? Ie how to calculate the sigs from ROMs?

> It's never really been a show stopper for me since I check against the CRC32 sigs first thanks to a script that Andy Welburn posted up some years back (with assistance from Chris Hardy I believe?) and then when I know a ROM matches and the fluke can read it in-circuit ok I then use the 9100 to get the 9100 sig.

> It's a bit of a drag though as the CRC32 calculation is kinda slow (even on the FT) so it would be nice to have the 9100 sig up front.

> Martin.

Hi Martin,

Yes, that was worked out and made into a nice utility program that you
can download from Quarterarcade (a big THANKS to James Bright for this
work!) @

http://tech.quarterarcade.com/tech/Fluke/9010A/

The FIDE software allows you to input your files that you want ROM
Signatures and it does the rest.