[Techtoolslist] Intersil 5610 (32x8 prom)

Martin White martin at guddler.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 06:56:20 EDT 2011

Sorry, this message won't be threaded properly as I'm on the wrong
computer at the moment.

Anyway, just thought I'd update on the results of this.

Response back from Dataman is that they cant support the IM56xx range of
proms as they need 28v VPP and the DAC in the programmer only goes up to
26v. They could make a hardware adapter but obviously they're not going
to just for one equivalent make of one series of chip.

So that covers:

Dataman 48Pro+
BK Precision 866B
Elnec Beeprog+

They're all the same programmer badged by different people. I'm guessing
this likely applies to other programmers in their respective ranges, and
there may also be other companies badging the same programmer.

So, that completes that then :)

Now starts the hunt for someone in the UK that wants to trade chips.

Martin.