[Techtoolslist] Can you use a 63C09E CPU in a Fluke 6809 9000A pod ?

Colin Davies colin.w.davies at btopenworld.com
Tue Aug 23 13:39:37 EDT 2011

Hi Chaps

I have a Konami board (Gryzor / Contra) to troubleshoot, getting a garbage screen.

I've removed the old 63C09E CPU and replaced with another from a donor board and its nicely socketed. There is some better activity on the Address Bus now (some of the lines were floating on the CPU)

Can I safely use this 63C09E CPU in the 6809 Fluke 9000A Pod ?? .... It's Supposed to be pin and instruction set compatiable. If not I'll use a 6809E and at least I'll be able to do some basic tests.

Thanks,
Colin