[Techtoolslist] Reading 9100 floppies...

shenlung at verizon.net shenlung at verizon.net
Thu Oct 20 07:42:08 EDT 2011

Tru using dd command in Linux, it create a raw image of disk
dd if=/dev/floppy of=NameofImage.bin

Oct 19, 2011 10:00:58 PM, jrr at flippers.com wrote:

David Shoemaker wrote:

> Not sure what I am missing but why don't you use the tool to make a

> disk from the image and see if it reads in the 9100?

> I would also then archive the copied disk and diff the two image

> files. If all went right they should match.

(don't think this hit the mail list)

True, if I had a working 9100 at this time - which I don't! I could use
the 9100 to duplicate the disc as well.

I haven't had time to put together a working 9100 system for a while,
too many other business pressures, hence my trying to solve this by
finding a simple archiving utility.

I now suspect that the XP computer (or its 3-1/2 drive) I am using is
not compatible with the requirements of the OmniFlop as it does not show
this 68030 support disc as OS9 even though it supposedly recognizes OS9.

Will try to resurrect my older portable machine that did work (at one
time) for archiving/copying OS9 discs with a universal copy
program...that darn boot/copy floppy is here somewhere...

www.flippers.com