[Techtoolslist] Old test equipment kits...Alpha's IC tester.

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Sun Sep 9 12:53:41 EDT 2012

Rodger Boots wrote:

> It's very unlikely that program code was in RAM, get power to RAM

> straightend out first before panicking.

Sorry Rodger, the code IS in the volatile RAM....as the manual states
the code is in the first 4K of the DALLAS device, with the rest of the
device set aside for IC parameters. Grrrr.

Don't ask me why he did it that way - the device had a sticker on it
saying 'Do not remove or warranty is void' too.

No sign of the source code anywhere. Tried reading the device, but
while there was data on it, hard to say if it was any good...next I
guess I could check if the data has a reasonable boot vector (somewhere
in the 1st 4K) for Z80 and hope that the thing is not too badly
scrambled...it is always possible that the ROM code is good, but that
the display logic has failed.

John :-#(#