[Techtoolslist] Prom Burner B&C Microsystems, Model 1409C

CRC technobug at comcast.net
Sat Nov 3 16:57:53 EDT 2012

On 1 Nov 2012, at 2:29 PM, John Robertson wrote:

> adolfo bustos wrote:

>> Subject: Prom Burner B&C Microsystems, Model 1409C

>> Hi! CRC [John Robertson ]

>> I got this, so far;

>> ''Failed to register 3100Hdlr.ocx

>> Please reinstall the application.-''

>> how can I, bypass registration

>> Sincerely,

>> Thanks.-

>> Adolfo

> Hi Adolfo,

> Sorry, I do not know how to bypass registration - perhaps you need to contact B&C to ask them if they recall how that is done...

> http://www.bpmicro.com (now called BPMicro)

> They have something on their web site about the "3100Hdlr.ocx" if you punch that into a search engine. Seems to be looking for the Hardware serial number.

> Something about it being an ActiveX component in further searching on http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/

> John :-#)#

Sorry about the slow reply, but the swamp runneth over...

Having installed the software several years back, I went back and looked at the software and my correspondence with BP Micro. Also went back and looked at the site.

Ultimately, you have to get a key from BP Micro to run the software. I would take the following steps:

- Go to <http://www.bpmicro.com/web/bphome.nsf/webpages/Downloads.htm> and register under the "Login to download the latest BPWin release". BPM will send you a password.

- Log in and in the table of software releases you will find a link to legacy software.

- Download the software that will support your unit.

- Follow the registration procedure for your unit outlined on the link above. They will send you a key to include with the applicable code.

I note that I had included the key to my 1200 in the code, but that is evidently specific to my programmer.

I found the folks at BP Micro extremely helpful.... Hope this helps. ->CRC