[Techtoolslist] Updates to Fluke 9100 pdfs directory

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Sun Nov 4 02:48:50 EST 2012

Just found today (Saturday, Nov 3, 2012) a few updated sets of training
manuals for both the 9100A and 9110FT - which appear to be factory proof
sets - printed single side (originals) with Post-it notes saying
"MASTER" and internal Fluke documents talking about making production
copies...see the first page on a couple of the 1994 files. These came
with a recent 9100 purchase that I had set aside without looking over
fully. Must power up the 9100 base and see what software is installed!

The latest documents were from 11/1994, there is also a 10/1993 set too.
I think the difference depends on the version of software or just
improvements to the documents over time.

Note that the 1994 FT manuals specify that Rev. 6.1 software is loaded
on the machine. Note also that the Fluke copy sheet notes at the front
of the 1994 FT Vol 2 manual say "DO NOT USE Equipmt (sic) never updated
to match manual - use old text". So, raises the question about if the
last revision I've loaded is able to be used or if the FT series never
implemented all the features (new?) covered in the 1994 Part 2.

I've also renamed the files and added the Fluke part numbers when they
existed on the files.

Interestingly, one file was misnamed - it actually is the installation
instructions for Ver 6.0 software - It turns out there were four
versions of 6.0 software update packs, depending on if you have 3.0 or
higher, or 5.0 and if your machine has the programmer option or not.
Interesting notes on bugs cured and remaining for those who are writing
programs for the 9100A/FT.

I suspect 6.1 was the last version and may have only been intended for
the FT series - if anyone has a 9100A running 6.1 please let us know.

Also some TEAC notes on emulating a 720 drive.

All now found in the TTL /Fluke/PDFs/9100_fixture directory.

www.flippers.com