[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100A V6.1

Andre Huijts a.huijts at upcmail.nl
Wed Nov 7 18:20:51 EST 2012

Thanks guys, problem is those tools don't work with USB drives mostly....I dug out my old PC and this has a built in floppy drive unit so we should be good to go.......when I find back my old LCD screen.....#^%{##^

Could even hook it to my TV but I'd still need a VGA cable. Going iMac is nice but There are some drawbacks....

Has anyone some info about the Video connector ? I guess it's monochrome and I did find the pin out and Andrew told me it should work with a regular arcade monitor. Do we know what levels of video and sync is put out ? I am planning on hook it to a small CRT TV with SCART input...this should work. Might just hook it to the Green input only to get that nice retro look :)

The voltages for SCART are low (upto 1V) compared to TTL levels usually used at arcade monitors.

Also, I need to get the 6502 and Z80 pods running, they seem to be inoperative now. The 6502 processor is getting pretty hot, not sure if that is any good. I loved the suggestion in the manual to use a second 6502 pod to examine the first but I only have one......

One more thing I got two more probes with the system, but those have a smaller connector , think it's RS-232 sized, Am I correct that these are for the 9010 ? If so, if anyone is interested in them let me know.....

Op 7 nov. 2012 om 21:17 heeft techtools-steve <techtools at arcadehacking.com> het volgende geschreven:

> Andre,

> You can also try SAMdisk which claims to be able to run on windows 2000 and newer version of the OS. I tied this utility back in April when my 9100 hard drive took a dirt nap and the software did work on XP. Unfortunately, the v6.0 TD0 disk images were bad and I never successfully installed from disks created using SAMdisk.

> http://simonowen.com/samdisk/

> On 11/7/2012 11:33 AM, John Robertson wrote:

>> andre.huijts at upcmail.nl wrote:

>>> OK guys, I found my not-so old NEC USB floppy drive and hooked it up to my

>>> Win XP laptop. Of course windows doesn't recognize the floppy. Now how do I

>>> make images so I can send them to John (and others) ?

>>> I saw a German DOS tool for it I believe in one of the FTP directories is

>>> that what I need to use. Or is there any Windows tool that does a "blind"

>>> track by track floppy image. Because I do have tools for the Atari ST that

>>> can do that...IIRC :)

>>> I assume Clonezilla is only good for doing Harddisk images and not floppies

>>> ?

>>> Andre