[Techtoolslist] OmniFlop

Andre Huijts a.huijts at upcmail.nl
Sun Nov 11 18:46:53 EST 2012

I understand the 9100 is OS-9 based but OmniFlop already supports three different OS-9 formats. However, it doesn't recognize them as any of these three.

I've left behind Windows since 2006 (well my work's laptop is still running it) and moved to iMacs but my old PC still had it installed.

I still figure it is more likely for someone to still have a working XP setup than a DOS machine, not to mention not being able to transfer stuff to USB devices under DOS (normally).

You can always make a multi-boot system, one of them XP.

OmniFlop won't run correct under virtual machines though and using USB floppy drives is also a no-no.

I have now backed up all V6.1 discs two. I have two sets:
Set 1 has System disks 1,2,3 Programmers Disk and IEEE-4888
Set 2 has all this except the Programmers disk.

Only Disk 1 of set 2 gave a read error but worked after a retry, All other floppies read trouble free.

The zipped file is only 2,5 MB incl. the V6.0 set so no problem to e-mail it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 11 nov. 2012 om 23:29 heeft Martin White <martin at guddler.co.uk> het volgende geschreven: