[Techtoolslist] Floppy drives...Sony FP17W-50L info needed

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Nov 13 18:03:50 EST 2012

Well, it turns out that the FP17W-50L is the drive used in my 9100A/FT
(has things like "SAMPLE" and Engineers disk" written on its cover) that
allows me to write 1.44 (1.2?) HD discs. Just did a backup that would
require 10 regular floppies on 5 HD floppies...somewhat handy. Still am
looking for more ways to archive the system.

Tried to find a PDF of anything on that floppy online, but nothing has
shown up so far. Was thinking if I know the full parameters of this
drive, then other 1.44s may well be able to be used. Note whatever drive
you test it must be able to be set to D0 (drive 0) or the 9100 can't
find it at all.

Not sure of the pinout for the 9100A/FT floppy port...